For centuries humans have been bathing in public baths. If you've got one in your city I recommend trying it out. It takes bathing to a whole other level. Los Angeles has plenty in Korea town. I've gone to most, solo, with friends, morning, noon, night for hours or for a short dip.
The top 5 main benefits are:
1. Sweating out excess water weight. In the first 15 mins, 2 lbs evaporated.
2. Opening the pours - this enables the skin to receive a deep cleansing.
3. Relax the muscles - after a long week of exercise this is heaven.
4. Focus - there are few distractions. I use my time in the spa as a moving meditation.
5. Sleep - nothing relaxes us more than hot water. Make sure to hydrate and have the best night's sleep!